6 Influencer Marketing Facts
- On average, for every $1 spent on influencer marketing, brands are
making back an average of $6.50 in earned media value.
- Consumers under the age of 32 spend 30% of their social time digesting peer-written content.
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations: 33% trust ads.
- Marketers rated influencer
marketing as the fastest-growing online customer-acquisition tactic.
- Giveaways and sweepstakes earn higher earned media value and engagement than any other tactic
in influencer marketing.
- The most effective platform for influencer marketing is blogs, followed by Facebook.
How to Find Your Influencers
Lynzee Jablonka’s advice for finding the influencer that’s right for your brand.
- Know your audience: If your audience is down-to-earth and fascinated with DIY tips, look for bloggers who speak to those topics. Maybe it’s a mother of three who writes about easy life hacks or someone who frequents
the crafts store and writes about various projects.
- Determine your goals: Need to drive coupon sales? Find a blogger who talks about deals and giveaways. Looking for strong graphics? Find an Instagrammer whose pictures are Nat Geo worthy. There are influencers out there for every benchmark you’re trying to reach. The key: knowing what success looks like to you.
- Invest in software: A number of platforms can help you find the right influencer for your brand. We sometimes use GroupHigh when we’re looking for a very niche group of people. These platforms often allow you to search with parameters such as location, blog topics, keywords, etc.
- Determine your budget: Social media is pay to play, so you’ll have to spend some money to get results. In this day and age, influencers who will work for free or solely for product are hard to come by. Figure out what you have to spend, then base your search off of that allowance.
- Consider outsourcing: Can you source influencers on your own? Sure. Do you have the time to dig into each one of them and make sure they’re a good fit? Maybe, or maybe not. It doesn’t cost anything to talk to the experts about your needs and budget. Contact a reputable agency, learn about their process, and ask about successes they have had with clients similar to you. What we do, in short, is basically like Match.com, but for brands and bloggers!